Saturday, January 2, 2010

SUNSHINE spayed..

Day 1: 2 January 2010, Saturday

I had no difficulty with her fasting, I woke up in the morning and she was just hanging around quietly.... which kinda scared me, coz she could've ripped off some package of food and filled herself.. but I looked around and I don't think she had access to any food or water. So off we went.

We arrived at about 9 am and she was expected to be done before noon. We got the phone call at exactly 12, and home we went. She wasn't up yet when we picked her up, but by the time we reached home her eyes were wide open and it was about 1 pm. I prepared her cage and put her in. She was sitting up after half an hour, so I left out some wetfood for and she was eating. Looking good SUNSHINE girl, let's make this next 7 days uneventful =).

Still drowsy when we reached home

She was quiet most of the time

Day 2: 3rd Jan 2010

The day had gone by with ease. Apart from a little bit meowing, and climbing on the sides of the cage (as requests to be freed), she caused no other problems.. She had been eating well and she's still on wetfood. She pee'ed on her towel though, which could've been an accident. SUNSHINE, am waiting for you to show some poo in that box, prove your recovery, kay...

was up and alert, looking energized!

Day 3: 4th Jan 2010

Early morning she ate up a whole can of wetfood on her own! Yay! (the previous few days, BULAN and MICHIKO had to help her finish up). She also pee'ed in her litter box (of wood pellet).

The plaster also went off today, and it looked good. So far SUNSHINE had been an easy one...

when BULAN was helping her finish up her food

the wound before and after the plaster was off

Day 4: 5th Jan 2010

She finally used the litter box for poo'ing!! but she didn't cover up and she meowed so loud, that I think she wanted me to get clean it up. She also held out her paws, I think she thinks she's ready to go out.... wait up SUNSHINE, gimme some time to be ready and sure of your recovery. But from the look of her waste, I think she's fine (I believe a cat's pooing and peeing, and what comes out are good indicators of their condition ;-).

no problems with appetite =)
oh yesss.. the meowing to be freed had started

Day 5-Day 6: uneventful indeed

Day 7

I found her e-collar hanging from her neck. And her meowing to come out of the cage is a bit louder today.

She took that off herself!

Day 8

She was allowed to roam freely, with the 4 other around (BULAN, BINTANG, MICHIKO & YUMIEKO). She played with MICHIKO, but seems like she's still not getting along with YUMIEKO. huhu.. the thing is, it's YUMIEKO who comes and provoke her. When she's in the cage, YUMIKEO sticks her hand into the cage and reach SUNSHINE, so of course SUNSHINE would get up and look, then YUMIEKO would growl at her, hence their fight would start off. Similarly, when SUNSHINE is allowed to roam, YUMIEKO follows after her, but when SUNSHINE pass by near her (near because YUMIEKO followed after her afterall) then YUMIEKO would growl at her. So now it doesn't seem like SUNSHINE is the one to starts the fight. Her wound is looking good, it would be soon til she's free to be out.

Day 9

She was let to roam freely with her e-collar on. She uses the litter box properly and no pee'ing on my bed.. hoo

Day 10

She was let to roam freely with her e-collar on and accompanied by BULAN over night (that is when I am around). Actually, I think she had been ready to go off the e-collar since about Day 8, but I wasn't ready.

Day 11

She is free of her e-collar. Accompanied by BULAN, but she left her poo on a piece of newspaper instead of in the litter..... my guess was probably because BULAN had used the litter box, and true enough, he did. So SUNSHINE is another princess, she's a humble princess but a bit on the hygienic side...

Day 12

She is free to road, free of her e-collar
, was accompanied by BULAN and BINTANG overnight. YUMIEKO still hates her, follow her around to bully her and make sure she stays away. MICHIKO is just terrified by her, her play invites would lead him to be defensive and hence a fight. DONNA no longer recognize her mother =(, but SUNNY (he's a friendly one anyhow) is still fine. I haven't observed MJ and BELLA... tho...

anyhow... I'm declaring SUNSHINE officially recovered. Wainting for a few more days to give her a bath (I think the others don't like her so much, because she smell too much of her self, from her hanging out in the litter box while she was in cage), then I'll try putting her in the room to join the others.... but she can't seem to share litter box, so more litter box on the way!

~some random pics of her~


Jul's Bini Jae said...

OOO....Sunshine day selamat yek...akak nyer anak bulus jer lom g lg..tggu turn..nk settle si Chello dulu. ari nih baru bleh kuar wad..huhuuhhu..terpaksa settle one by one la nampaknyer..

LoVe said...

hehe.. tu lah.. dah masuk queue, ada chance je terus pegi.. lega bila settle... klu x, dia stress, kte pun stress tgk dia stress... yelah, nak kene settle one by one, bg kurang stress.... now tinggal 4 ekor kittens.... lepas tu br btl2 lega.... hehe...